Stand in front of your mirror with your shirt off. Now jump up and down. Does your belly jiggle? If your answer is “yes” then you are probably over-weight and at risk for chronic illnesses like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Just because you “look lean” in your street clothes does not mean you are off-the-hook. There is another condition called metabolically obese normal weight (MONW) or often referred to as “skinny fat people.” This means you may “appear lean, but have a lot of internal fat” (especially belly fat).
If you failed the Jiggle Test, because you’re carrying around a few extra pounds, are obese (a Body Mass Index of 30% or higher), or are a skinny fat person, chances are you’ve already developed a condition called pre-diabetes or insulin resistance. Insulin resistance often precedes the onset of type 2 diabetes.
The good news is that you can reverse this direction VERY QUICKLY by simply making lifestyle changes. If you are reading this post then you’ve probably already taken the first step by becoming active.
For many of us though, our hard work in the gym is sabotaged by poor nutrition (an easy way to tell is through that darned Jiggle Test!) and other bad habits. So changing your nutrition becomes an important next step.
Other lifestyle changes include:
- Stress management strategies
- Getting enough high quality protein in your diet
- Eating plenty of Omega 3 fat rich foods
- Regular detoxification
- Getting enough sleep
- Slowing down and living your life on a “medium to slow pace”
Dealing with unhealthy stress in your life is very important. High cortisol levels and adrenal fatigue caused by too much bad stress are directly linked to belly fat and many other unhealthy symptoms!
At Core, we strive to provide you with a clean, safe, friendly and supportive environment to serve your fitness and wellbeing needs. We have many programs available to help you make positive lifestyle changes. If you are interested in learning more you may contact me directly or speak with any of our staff members.
- ProjectMe – a complete personalized wellness program that includes fitness and nutrition programs; educational courses covering work-life balance, stress and energy management techniques; weight loss programs; life coaching; Myotherapy deep tissue massage, pain relief and many other wellness services.
- 10-day Detox – Changing and improving your nutritional intake will improve your overall health. A detoxification cleanse is a great way to jump-start the process.
- Six-week Journey Towards Looking Feeling and Performing Better. Whether you a looking to learn a bit more about nutrition, are motivated by working with a group of people with similar goals or need help establishing your personal nutrition goals and strategy for achieving them, you will not be disappointed.
- Personal Training and one-on-one Nutritional Guidance is also available
Also, because we know we are BETTER TOGETHER, we will soon be announcing a special pre-holiday “STOP THE JIGGLE” Challenge. The group will do a 10-day Detox TOGETHER followed by a transition to a special holiday nutrition support program. This program will help you survive the holidays by relieving stress and avoiding weight gain! In a group we are stronger, smarter, more powerful and have a much better chance of achieving our goals.
Thank you for choosing CoreCrossFit.