CHEW ON THIS:
Fun Food Facts:
· Apple is made of 25% air, that is why they float.
· Apples, onions, and potatoes all have the same taste? Try the test: Pinch your nose and take a bite out of each.
· Avocado has the highest protein and oil content of all fruits, but most of this is the healthier unsaturated type.
· Cabbage is 91% water.
· Carrots were originally purple in colour, changing in the 17th Century to orange with newer varieties.
· Celery requires more calories to eat and digest than it contains.
· Cherries are a member of the rose family.
· Corn always has an even number of ears.
· Corn makes up about 8% of the weight in a box of corn flakes.
· Eggplants are actually fruits, and classified botanically as berries.
· Honey is the only edible food for humans that will never go bad.
· Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.
Carrots help with night vision. Carrots are packed with Vitamin A, which increases vision. If you ate tons of them your skin could turn orange from the beta carotene content
Most fish are low in fat and cholesterol and a good source of protein, which makes them a good choice for a healthy diet. Our bodies require a certain amount of protein daily and the body does not store protein so we need to replenish it in our daily diet. All fish are a good source of B vitamins and oil-rich fish are a good source of vitamins A and D. Many fish also provide a good source for calcium.
Oil-rich fish, such as salmon, trout, mackerel, herring and sardines, are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to our diet. Omega-3 fatty acids cannot be manufactured by the body so it is important that we bring them into our diet and eating oil-rich fish provides the Omega-3 fatty acids we need. It is also thought to reduce the inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis patients.